Sunday 5 June 2011

Yesterday's Hike to the Living Room



Yesterday we went to Salt Lake City. Yeehaw! I went because I had a homework assignment to do--three hours of research at the Family History Library. I went through scores of books and some microfilm from Colombia. And I found nothing. But that's what I was expecting, so no worries.

While I was at the library, the kids and Leo hiked up to the Living Room (an old quarry site). Only they didn't make it to the quarry, but they still had lots of fun.

I kind of wish I had been with them instead of researching. Blah.

Pretty views, eh?



My little mountain goats climb pretty well, don't they?


I have to give all the credit to Ana for these photos, I hired her as my photographer for the trip. Except Elena took this one.
Typical Isabel.
An Isabel quote from the trail: "Look, Dad! That guy is naked!!!" Said in a very loud voice in front of another hiker who wasn't wearing a shirt. The girl with him laughed and told the guy, "I told you to keep your shirt on." Hee. Hee.
Another funny Isabel story: We were at Sportsman Warehouse the other day and while walking in, we passed an older guy and lady getting onto their Harley Davidson, with all their black leather clothes, etc. Well, Isabel yelled to me, "Look Mom! A motorcycle!" which caught the people's attention. When she saw them looking, she nonchalantly waved and said, "Hey guys." They laughed and waved back. Who can resist a two year old in pigtails and pink cowboy boots?

This is project #24 of my remaining 497. I have all the pieces now for my denim quilt, and I have the back.
This was Ana's hair this morning. I tried to convince her to keep it in ringlets, but she refused. It was pretty anyway. And that's it. Ta ta.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

LOVE the naked story. ha ha. how did you get ana's curls to stay so well?

Lynn said...

Love Ana's hair!!!

Good idea about hiring one of your kids to be the photographer while you are busy. I need to do that more.