Wednesday 8 July 2009

For Isabel's birthday, we had a party. More just because I wanted a party rather than Isabel's birthday. But what a great excuse.

I made empanadas, but really I've never made them before, and never seen them made, so I had major problems when is actually came to the part of stuffing the meat mixture in the dough. Luckily Hermana Franco saved my bacon. She told me it was like making tortillas--who knew? Since I've never made tortillas.

Kayli and Brett came with their kids, and the Francos, and the Yeats. It was fun. I hit a few softballs. I miss softball.
So I'll never be a professional cake decorator. That's okay, it's not one of my goals in life.
Isabel was more interested in eating grass than her cake.
Opening presents from Hermano Franco y familia.
Now that is one cute little girl.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh she is SO cute!
Birthdays are always a great excuse for a party.. By the looks on everyone's faces....it was a HUGE success!

Matt and Valerie said...

Wow - I can't believe that she is already one! Where did the time go? I hope all is going well for you guys.