Thursday 9 July 2009

A Question for more experienced mothers.

So how do you discipline a two year old that only moves to obey when she thinks her life is in immediate jeopardy? (She thinks that because I'm telling her it is, by the way.) Lately, I think it really might be. My Dad caught me on the phone just as I was thinking murderous thoughts.

He suggested I sell her on Ebay as a package deal with Ethan, my 18 yr. old brother. I think Dad just thinks Elena's cute looks might help him rid himself of Ethan. He said it might hurt my seller rating a bit, but it would be worth it.

Dad was also very informative. He explained, "Didn't you know that when you fall in love, marry, have s**, and then a baby, that eventually that baby will be two years old?!?!?" Thanks Dad. Apparently that lesson hadn't sunken in enough. He then brought ill tidings for the future as he also mentioned that one day that baby will be 14, 16, 18 etc. Joy.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I told my 13 year old to get off the computer earlier today, and he (I believe) in all seriousness said "and what if I don't". brat. and I was thinking. hmm. then what? yikes. kids are hard. I have repressed all memories of my kids at two. sorry. good luck.

Lynn said...

LOL!!!!

Hmm.....I don't know. I am with Kristi. Can't remember that far back......however I think my stubbornness that I was born with just won out. Or just wore my kids out. Hee HEe.

Good luck!

Hanah said...

Kami we seem to have the same situation here, at times. :) I was reading this book that I desperately needed haha called Christlike Parenting. He says over, and over how usually by the 3rd time of giving a calm command, but being insistent that it will be obeyed it usually is in most cases, and lo and behold that has been true most times. I guess it's just being ever persistent, remaining calm, but serious, and then enforcing the consequence. Sometimes we turn things into a game, or race, but I'm still searching for the answers to that question too! haha :0 Good luck!