Wednesday 3 May 2023

The Sedgewick County Zoo

One day in February, Elena skipped school (the rest of the kids had it off), and we went to the zoo. It  was a free day which was nice. It was a little chilly but the animals were all pretty active so that was nice.  
The play area at this zoo was awesome!!!!  It was by the farm area, and it was just a garden with big chunks of wood and play kitchen stuff.  There were other things as well, and my little kids loved.



See!  So fun!
At the petting zoo part. 
Freaky.  Apes terrify me.  Thanks Megan for traumatizing me for life.





The wolves were right under us, and this one kept jumping up right where Jubal was standing.  It startled/scared him at first.  I mean it was RIGHT under him and jumped high.  But then I told Jubal he must be his spirit animal, or something like that, and he was all happy it after that.  





















These cows are awesome.  I don't know why they don't start ranching them more in the western US since they are so suited to a dry climate. 

A quetzal!!!


Freaky bird.

No one can convince me that snakes aren't evil.







Anyway, we had really fun day. Everyone was happy and it was a great break from the endless misery and mourning of moving to Kansas.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

I was going to say that Sebas' shirt was perfect for a zoo excursion (perfect in general for him, but particularly the zoo), but then I noticed that EVERYONE had a shirt perfect for a zoo excursion! You little trickster--you did that on purpose!!