Saturday 26 December 2020

Quarantined Thanksgiving

The week before Thanksgiving we became easy to find because we stayed home for three weeks.  Yep, Covid finally hit us.  Elena had a fever and I knew cases were up at her school so I took her to be tested and sure enough, she had Covid 19.  She was sick for all of one day and slept most of it.  And then she was fine.  We had a great time at home the first week, but after that they had me tested at work and so I had to go back to work, and that stunk.  My covid-cation was cut too short.  Poor Leo was stuck at home doing his work online and trying to get the kids to do their schoolwork.  Isabel eventually came down with Covid too and lost her sense of smell, but she was better in a day as well.  I tried to get it to go around all of us by passing around a cup that Elena had drunk from, but none of the rest of us got it.  I know I didn't because I've been tested twice a week since then.  So anyway, Thanksgiving with my family was cancelled, but we had a delicious dinner at our house.



See it was lovely.

While Covid-home-bound I finished this quilt and another.  
Efraim loves to paint.
I also painted/stained our kitchen pendent lights--they were bright gold and I wanted them more bronze.  And then I had to paint the ceiling too. 
Jubal's note to Leo.  😆
My cute boys.
Here's the other quilt.  I like the Zion one better.
Sebastian made a truck with blocks.


No comments: