Wednesday 8 June 2016

Rock Creek Trail from the Northern Trailhead

We wanted to go to Crater Lake on Saturday.
But we were stopped by 3-4 foot snow drifts on the road.  Ruff.
So we headed to the Rock Creek Trail--the Southern trailhead is near Crater Lake, but the Northern one is near the I-80.
The kids loved it!  All Jubal wanted to do was throw rocks in the river.  Which scared me because the water was so FAST!  He would have been drowned if he had fallen in because I doubt we could have got him out.  Needless to say, I kept a very close eye on him.
Tristan, Ana's boyfriend, came along.





Tristan adorned Ana's hair.  I'm not going to comment.



I love lichen.  Really, I do.
There's an old prospector's cabin along the trail.













Isabel led the way the entire time, but she refused to look at me for a picture.




Yep, more lichen.


My foot was killing me by the end, and I hiked in last.  But it was really fun and beautiful.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Livin' on a rock and lichen it!! haha
I LIKED Ana's hair adornment!
Very beautiful place.