Sunday 10 June 2007

Errrr......

Sorry it's been so long since my last post but it might be like this for the next month or so. Sorry. It's been busy. Life is crazy. This past Monday, Leo received his flight schedule around 5 PM, and we found out we wouldn't be able to go to Chicago when we thought. So we decided to move our trip up...so an hour and a half later we were at the Phoenix airport. It was a long night. The one highlight being that our rental car place didn't have any economy cars left so they upgraded us to an SUV--that was fun. They said we could choose between the SUV and a Ford Mustang, but since we had Elena we decided to go with the SUV. Man, I still can't believe I passed that up though. The rest of the trip went like this: Elena pooed while we were in our interview about housing programs, and it seeped out the back of her diaper, onto all her clothes, the floor, and my shirt. So I was carrying her around naked except a diaper through downtown Chicago. And we can't afford a house. Really no surprise there, but it was a nice dream while it lasted.

We ate at a really good Italian restaurant, but I almost started laughing when I walked in. The host was so stereotypically Italian, I mean the slicked back black hair, shirt open down three buttons, with a gold chain. It was just funny. Maybe that's just me though.

Today I ran into my Aunt Judy at a store, she lives in California. I looked at her, thought, "Aunt Judy" and then looked away thinking I couldn't possibly be right. But then when I went out to my car, she was parked beside me and my cousin Autumn saw me and said hi. Aunt Judy and I both laughed, because she thought I looked familiar too, but both of us didn't say anything.

On another note, last Saturday, Leo was gone so I went with my sister Amy to her ward's "tacky" party. Just for a little background info, her ward is rich, (she kind of lives on the outskirts) and their parties are to die for. Seriously. I went to one that was Italian dinner themed. The food was delicious, better than most restaurants I eat at. They had it outdoors in the this lady's backyard who's a multimillionaire. Are you starting to get a picture yet? Soft Italian music playing, candles on every table, a chandelier with candles lighted hanging from their climbing rose archway. It's hard to describe, but just think "Martha Stewart." Anyway, so this party was supposed to be tacky. The invitations were wrinkled and dirty. They announced in Relief Society for everyone to bring their food assignment in their ugliest bowl--which the lady said almost killed her to say (same lady whose house the Italian dinner was at). They served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and corn dogs, and the napkins were from every holiday you could think of. The decorations outrageously tacky. And you were supposed to dress tacky. So Amy and I went shopping at the Goodwill and this is what we came up with. Several people made the comment of us looking like hookers, we really weren't going for that, I mean it being a church party and all. But it was fun!


Amy and Kami
Amy had to get up and dance, next to her is her nextdoor neighbor Cami, and Teisha on the end, I don't know the other lady.

Teisha and Sheryl, Amy's friends.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Kami, those outfits were INCREDIBLE. Absolutely stunning. Including the shoes.

Hey, if you didn't get an e-mail from me regarding pictures then maybe you should send me your new address again...I think I deleted it.