Friday 16 April 2021

Beautiful Sunday Drive

After church and a lovely snow storm, instead of going home--where Leo was sleeping due to covering a bunch of night shifts due to people sick with Covid--I took the kids on a drive.  I LOVE the photos.  But true story I almost killed me and all my kids.  There's only one hill on this road and I was heading back home and came over the rise of the hill where I had put on a little speed to go up (40 mph is all) and I started fishtailing on the way down, and I um, may have been distracted by Isabel and music, and anyway, I wouldn't have worried so much if we just ended up in a ditch, but on either side of the road was a reservoir and I could just see us going off  on either side and through the ice.  *Shiver* I don't think we would have survived that.  Not with three kids who can't swim that well and trying to get out of a vehicle and up onto ice.  Seriously scary.  Luckily 4 wheel drive is amazing.  And I consciously didn't overcorrect and we were fine, albeit breathing harder.  Anyway, beautiful pictures.






























 

No comments: