Monday 30 July 2018

The end of June






Lindsay stopped by with Dad on her way from Florida to Utah.  It took a lot of convincing to get her to visit me, but finally her son crying (I forgot which) and my promise of Yorkshire pudding with strawberries and whipped cream swayed her to take a break.  It was an eventful break too!  She pulled out Will's tooth, and then she pulled out Lando's tooth (the exact same one).  We should have got a picture of the two of them together but Will was already buckled in the car ready to go.

My friend made this sign for me to hide the crooked bar underneath that Leo put up to keep the gate straight.  So cute!


One of the labs we did.  Ana even joined in.  You float craft paint on the top of liquid starch and then set a paper on top of it.  We later splattered white and what was supposed to be glow-in-the-dark (didn't work) paint on it for stars because they were supposed to look like galaxies.  I'm so glad we did this lab because then I used it for my ward time at girl's camp!





A goodbye cake for Ana that she never showed up for on the last evening she had to hang out with us.  She went to hang out with Tristan's family instead.  It was not the best of goodbyes.  I was pretty angry.   She did end up not going to work on Saturday so she went hiking with us, but I was not in the most forgiving moods and was still mad.  Ah well, so goes life. She left on Sunday for basic training for National Guard.



I'm terrible at selfies.


Another lab, from our Math Lab book.  I was surprised how much the kids enjoyed playing with the Tanagrams.  They played with them for days after.  You're supposed to use only seven pieces to make designs.  Sorry, blurry phone photos. :(

And this is how I felt about the whole month.


No comments: