Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Eve




In no particular order because they loaded funky, here's all the kids opening their Christmas Eve pajamas.  I love fuzzy footy pj's on little kids.  I don't think Ana was as thrilled, but she's a good sport and wore them all day Christmas.









I was kind of a grump Christmas Eve--I discovered early that some kid had busted the card reader in our camcorder, so no camcorder.  And then I was tired.  I need to go to bed early all the time.  Anyway, Leo saved the day and played with the kids and they had a good day, I think, for the most part.  Luckily by the end of the day it kind of turned around.  

We did a low key nativity with scarves and Wolverine??!?  as costumes, and watched the Claymation Christmas.  Then we played a game of Pass the Pigs and lit our nativity thingy--best 5 bucks ever spent at a garage sale.  The kids love that thing.  The heat from the candles makes it spin around.  I love the expression on Jubal's and Lando's faces.  So adorable!!!


If the night had ended there, it would have been perfect.  The little boys went to bed and then we played Rook with Isabel, Elena and Ana (Leo and Isabel were partners).  That was fun too, and then the girls went to bed.  Only the boys had never fallen asleep, and then the girls never went to sleep.  Leo and I started watching a show to wait for them, but 11 PM they were still thumping around upstairs and then the power went out and they were all crying.  And then by 1:30 AM Elena was still hysterical because she was upset that she was still awake and would be tired in the morning. She finally fell asleep, but then Lando fell out of bed and woke up Jubal at 2 AM, and well, you can see how our night went.  Plus, I already get up 20 times at night and my hip aches so that always wakes me up.  What I'm leading up to is that we didn't wake the kids up in the morning and so we didn't get up in time to go to church.  Shame on us, but I was exhausted.  I still love Christmas though.

No comments: