Tuesday 20 February 2024

Christmas 2022!!!

Christmas Eve Pajamas!!!  I made them from my pattern I used for their Avatar costumes, a Japanese Jinbei pattern.  Isabel had worn hers all the time and loved them, so I made a set for everyone.  I used linen too because I thought they'd be comfortable for the Kansas summer heat. And now back to Christmas Eve....

Traditions are important, especially this tradition.  

As is this tradition, still the best Christmas Eve dinner ever. 

Poor Isabel was sick and didn't even eat a hoagie though.  She was not a happy camper this Christmas.

Elena makes a cute Mary.

Our donkey was a bit out of control though.

And I don't really know what was going on here.

Donkey went wild.

So these are all backwards, but it was Sunday, so we opened a few before church and then the rest after church. 

Jubal and Lando got bikes from Santa.



Aww, I love my boys.

All the books.  

Ana sent this shirt for Efraim.

I had these in my cart when I ran into Kyle, Kate, and Kami H. at Walmart, I had to make them swear not to spoil the surprise for my kids. 
Umm.... best recreation of tv moment.

Leo got a suitcase for his new job.

Elena and Isabel also got some Tupperware.  Because giant popcorn bowls are important.
I got this game which no one will play with me, because I win.  Ruff.  



And Elena, Isabel and Sebastian got backpacks.  
Efraim opening his present video link!!!  Efraim got a hotwheels track. 

Sebas picked this awesome shirt for Isabel.








And Sebas got a flint knapping kit.   He really wanted one.

My parents sent us this AH-MAZING Native American talking stick for Christmas. Definitely a step up and more official than the wooden spoon, christianed the conch, (I think we had a real conch for awhile a la Lord of the Flies) that in my teenage years was occasionally passed around our dinner table allowing the holder to speak (sometimes I would raise my hand to talk--I swear I was one of the quiet siblings--but that really didn't work, the only way to be heard was to talk louder and faster). Leo laughed so hard when I showed him. He said he thought our family was so weird (but clearly endearing and hilarious) when he first came to visit and saw us passing around a wooden spoon to speak, but he also said he understood almost nothing otherwise because we all talked too fast and too loud and on top of each other. He can only wish he didn't understand us now. 😉 I remember once or twice my dad bringing a broomstick to the table and whacking whatever child he thought needed to be quieter with it. It was hilarious and did nothing to diminish the dull roar of noise. 🤣😂

 

No comments: