Friday 23 February 2024

Getting Ready for Ana's Wedding

Along with moving overseas and getting a new job, I also spent a lot of time preparing for Ana's wedding, which was AWESOME!  So much fun!  I love doing flowers so I was grateful she let me help with them.  And honestly, Ana's mother-in-law and her did SOOO much more for the wedding than I did.  It's hard to help long distance. 😔  Ana picked gorgeous colors and sent me some Pinterest ideas and antlers to include, and this is the result.   



Also, I hemmed and adjusted Elena's and Isabel's bridesmaid dresses.  They were sleeveless with these tie around scarf things, but I wanted them to hold in place without having to worry about them, so I just cut them off and then resewed them on how I wanted.  
Elena's was done first so she could wear it to the Sweetheart's Dance.
I also made my own dress.  It was from a 1978 pattern, McCalls 6210. And in this picture here, it was perfect!!  Only then I washed it because just after I took this picture I spilled something on it.  And it shrank in the wash, despite me pre-washing everything.  😫😫😫.  I finished it the day before we were leaving for her wedding too, otherwise I would have dry cleaned it.   It's not horrible now, but it's not perfect like it had been.  

I have a crazy boot story though, my parents bought cowboy boots for Leo and I when we moved to Texas. And I spent forever looking for the perfect pair.  They ordered them for me online, but when they came one boot fit too tight, and even though I took it multiple times to a boot place to get it stretched, it always just hurt my foot.  So eventually I gave them away.  So when I needed boots for Ana's wedding, I started looking for used boots on Facebook marketplace, and I found the EXACT same pair I had owned, but when I tried them on, they fit perfectly.  So yeah, the boots I'm wearing are my favorite pair back again.  (Tears of joy here!)
All the kids got new boots!!!!  I love Elena's and Isabel's choices.  


The boys' boots I picked out since their feet are still growing and I didn't want to buy Ariats for them.  
And the boys also got new blue jeans since that's what they would be wearing.  Poor Leo, I dragged him to the Boot Barn and made him try on pairs till I found ones that looked so good on him.  😍  
Needless to say, we made several trips to the Boot Barn for boots and blue jeans.  

Here's one of the  boutonnieres I made. No joke, I used my awesome spray painting skills again and spray painted the lilac-colored thistles to navy blue.   I LOVE the flowers Ana picked for her wedding!  It made making these so enjoyable.  

Sebas modeling the bouquet for me.  
And I bought these after Christmas for 90% off. Surprisingly still pricey when you buy like 15 and I think they were originally $70 each. 
Anyway, I cut off the cinnamon sticks and orange slices and added in sprays of white flowers instead.  
Perfect for a Wyoming wedding now!  

To be fair, Leo actually did more than half of the white flowers for me.  Isabel and Sebastian helped some too.   So yeah, now all my kids will have to use these for their weddings.  (evil laugh)
I love flowers!!! 💐 🌺 🌼 🌹 🌸 

1 comment: