Monday 19 February 2024

Thanksgiving 2022

 

To sum up, it was AWESOME!!  And here's the video to prove it.  But what the video doesn't show, is that Leo and Nicolas and I think Will, and some other kids all got sick.  Sand was EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING and the water was FREEZING cold.  So there's the negatives you don't see in the video.  Was it worth it though--heck yeah!!  We had a blast.  And going when it was freezing and no one else was hardly there was actually really nice.  I'm not a fan of crowds and the beach was gorgeous.  100% would recommend and would do again.  
We took the drive to Topsail in two days.  I think we left Sunday afternoon and drove to Memphis that night.  Here's the pretty sunset.  
Pizza in the hotel room.  
Early the next day.  
Lindsay made it before us to the campground and we set up tents and then enjoyed the rest of the gorgeous day.  
So I really didn't try to put these photos in order, because I already did that on the video (roughly) and it took forever.  So I just lumped them.  But here is the first day when it was so sunny and beautiful!!  I loved that we could just walk to the beach from our tents, and the last bit were these gorgeous boardwalks.  Topsail did not disappoint.  I had heard of Topsail before because a bunch of our friends in Houston went camping there one Thanksgiving.  Anyway, when we moved to Kansas, one of my top priorities was going to Florida to hang out with Lindsay at least once before she moved.  I made the reservations almost a year in advance because literally, Thanksgiving was the only open time even then.  And Topsail was nice because it was close to half way between us (Lindsay coming north from Delray Beach). Anyway, so glad I jumped on it, because then we ended up moving so much quicker than I ever expected. 











































No comments: