Tuesday 27 February 2024

Florida Babysiting

In March I flew to Florida with my new free standby perk and babysat for Lindsay while her and Sterling went to Vernal to look for a house.  It was great, except I got horribly sick just before getting there.  So the first two days I literally laid on the couch as much as possible.  Poor kids, I was not a fun aunt.  
I did manage to take them to their apartment pool one day.  And we went to Hobby Lobby and I bought polymer clay so they could make things--I WISH I had pictures of what they made.  Ruth made earrings, and some of the kids made necklaces and things.  Anyway, they really enjoyed that at least.  But otherwise we watched The entire Wingfeather Saga Season One--twice!  Because again I was laying on the couch, sick.  
See? Sick.  Lindsay, thankfully, also had a well stocked medicine cabinet and Sterling called me in a prescription too because I was paranoid about getting another month long sinus infection like my last one like this. 
I took Ruth to her YMCA volleyball game too.  I wasn't completely useless. But Lindsay was the bomb because she had all the meals prepped for me so I just had to stick them in the oven.  So grateful for that.  
Yay Ruth!!!
After Lindsay got back we went together to Will's soccer game.
And then to Wakodahatchee Wetlands near her house, where we saw this hideous snake.  And tons of other animals.


It was really pretty.  I was glad I was feeling better by then.
Then in the evening, Lindsay and I went by ourselves for some awesome and delicious sister time.  So much fun!!

 

No comments: