Monday 26 February 2024

A Sad, Sad Day about Smaug

Another thing that I started to prepare for moving was rehoming our pets.  So SAD!!  Lindsay offered to keep Smaug while we were gone, but she wasn't super enthusiastic about it, and in the end we decided it was better just to rehome him.  I tried selling him on Facebook, which included several scam attempts, ugh.  And then, really, all the stuff and equipment and cage he had were worth easily $600+ and people definitely did not want to pay that and after a couple really annoying people low-balling us, I decided just to give him away to my cousin's kid who has lots of reptiles and I knew he'd be well taken care off.  It might be silly of me, but I'd rather give the stuff away to someone I wanted to, then accept a measly $50 for all that stuff, when just a few of the heat lamps cost that. So when we drove to Utah a couple months later, he made the trip with us.  We fixed up his cage, put in new sliding doors (he scratched up the previous ones, and I painted a couple spots that looked bad.  I loved his terrarium so much!!  Sebastian did such a great job.  And I actually miss Smaug.  As does Sebastian.  It was his choice in the end to rehome him, but I felt bad that he even had to make that choice.  

Nice photos for Facebook Marketplace (minus Smaug, because you aren't allowed to sell pets on there, although people do all the time.)

New pictograph I added.  I added new ones on the other side too.


Handsome devil. 
Hee. Hee. 

Sob.  Goodbye Smaug. 

No comments: