Monday 9 November 2020

October

The first week of October, Efraim had an appointment in SLC to have a heart murmur checked out at Primary Children's Hospital.  He's fine, basically they said he was so little that you could hear the blood reverberating off the walls of the ventricles and once he has more mass, they won't be able to hear it anymore.  So after his appointment, I took the opportunity to go to an international Latin market and bought some delicious food for us.   

Best bunuelos I've ever made.  They were perfection!


I planted over 300 bulbs in the yard and a few saffron crocuses in pots in the garage.  They did alright, but I don't know that those are worth it. This is the crocuses coming up.  Yay!
We sold our brand new kitchen chairs and kept ones we found on the side of the road for free instead.  🙄😂They're way more sturdy, and someday I may refinish them with red leather. 



I voted!
We watched Andrea's four youngest kids and her dog for her while their family went camping. It was fun. The kids had a great time.  Ana came home that weekend too.  We went up to the Uintahs with them all, and that will be a different post.😊

I planned on making flapper costumes for Elena, Isabel, and me, but nothing turned out like I planned and I only made Isabel's and it's the first costume I've ever made that I thoroughly dislike.  I need to revamp it and the fabric I had bought for the other ones ended up not working and I lost the expensive trim that I bought from France for one somewhere.  Sigh.  It was all very disappointing.

Isabel had fun dressing up the Clover and Harriet while they were here.



Leo fixed the electrical wiring for me on my new machine.  I love that man!!!
I tried canning tomatoes--I actually went out of my way one day to go to Willard and buy tomatoes and then I ended up not being able can them as soon as I planned and over half went bad and the bottom of the box of the rotten tomatoes broke and went all over the floor.  And then my canner I had bought was missing pieces so I had to send it back, and basically canning was not so great this year.






No comments: