Wednesday 18 September 2019

Real Salt Lake Game and other things.


Leo's work had a work party at a Real Salt Lake game, so we got to eat dinner beforehand and then watch the game.  It was great--except they lost.  The kids all enjoyed it except Jubal who has the attention span of a gnat.  Popcorn helped though.  Sebastian, Isabel and Nicolas all did the climbing wall beforehand.







Just proof I make yummy dinners once in a while.



I was trying to figure out what color to paint our new door on our someday house.  Leo hated the yellow right off the bat, and the two reds were beautiful--Sherwin Williams Chanticleer and Pompeii Red.  I believe the Chanticleer is bottom right, and Pompeii Red is top left. But I could be wrong.  One was a little lighter and brighter and the other a deep red.  Of course the brown door throws the color samples off too. 

But we voted (Sebastian and my first pick was actually the yellow) and blue won out over the lovely reds.  I voted for blue too, I just really like the reds too.  It was a very difficult choice, but our neighbor has a red door so I wanted to change it up a bit.  So the two blues were Sherwin Williams Blue Grotto (lovely dark true blue--I was trying to find a Greek style blue and it was).  And Sherwin Williams Oceanside.  I've loved Oceanside for years, since my friend in Houston painted her living room that color.  And I was going to paint a room in our house in Rawlins that color.


And Oceanside won out because Leo and I both thought it had a little more visual interest--it's almost peacock blue with a hint of green.  And the kids all voted for it too.  It actually was pretty unanimous at that point.  This is with one coat, but now the second coat is on and I'm SOOOO glad I went through the hassle, the house just looks so much more finished and designed now; rather that just okay, it pops.



This is our house with no siding.  Thankfully the siding is all completely finished now!!  Hurray!!! We're definitely not going to make the Oct. 18 move in date, but Pat has been so accommodating to all my nit picky requests that I really can't complain.

When I was in Canada, my great aunt Ardath's daughters brought her fabric stash to give away at the Rasmusssen Reunion--they used a trailer, that's how big it was.  Anyway I scored a huge big box of fabrics!  Yay!!! And then Lindsay Ann saved me five boxes of patterns from a lady cleaning out her sewing room.  Double YAY!!!


And Isabel just loves that some one vandalized this sign.

 And pictures with my mom and sisters!

Elena and Isabel went with cousins to hear Hank Smith and John Bytheway speak at Armor Up.
Also, we went boating with family on Labor Day which was a blast!



No comments: