Monday 28 January 2019

And January is almost gone.


The kids were in bed but still awake so I took them out to see the lunar eclipse on Sunday night.  Not as cool as the solar eclipse we saw, but still neat.



Nicolas had his Kindergarten concert on Tuesday night, but we were late and so he only sung in two or three songs, and I saw one of them.  We have gymnastics, Taekwondo, Activity Days and then the concert going on that night and they all overlapped and then when I was picking up Lando from Taekwondo to go to his concert, the poor boy hadn't known where the bathroom was and he was almost in tears when I saw him--he had managed to hold it mostly, but needless to say we had to go home to change his pants and thus late.


I love his drawings though! And he's so cute singing.  He's a great singer.

Monday we picked up Ana who had flown in to Ogden and we went up to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit them since the kids had a holiday from school.  The next day Ana just chilled as I ran everyone everywhere.  And then on Wednesday we went to Rawlins and loaded up Ana's things for her to take back to Arizona.  The roads were awful.  And I was super stressed because Ana needed to leave Thursday to be back for National Guard on Friday, and we hadn't been able to get her car started on Tuesday, so then we were hurrying as fast as possible in Rawlins to get back to try to fix her car before it got dark and cold.  We didn't make it but they managed to get it open and jumped the battery.  I cleaned up throw up because Jubal threw up on Ana on the way home.  Our van still stinks but I can't find where it's coming from--I did scrub everywhere I did see vomit extremely well.  Sigh.  Anyway, Ana went to leave the next morning and her car battery had died again. So we called Leo and he came and they replaced her battery and she got home safe to Arizona.


These are pictures she gave me from her graduation from Combat Medic training.




















This is Efraim annoyed because he wants to ride his trike down the stairs and I wouldn't let him.  Yup, helicopter parent, that's me.  (As my brother pointed out).




I saw these paintings that I love.  IF only I had a spare $100,000 lying around I might be tempted to buy them.  Also, we made an offer on a house on Monday and they accepted it.  And then on Tuesday they got another offer and took that instead.  :(

Sunday was awesome though.  Myles, my nephew had his farewell and he gave a great talk (wrote his own poem even) and they had a beautiful musical number and then a waffle buffet because he loves waffles.  It's so fun seeing everyone.  I love my family.




No comments: