Wednesday 26 July 2017

Girls Camp and Craziness

So then after our rushed trip to Utah (which was super fun and worth it) I headed to YW's camp for four days at Camp Batel.  Efraim came along, and luckily I have kind friends who watched our kids for us during the day while Leo was at work.  This was Ana during her skit.  Best part of going to girls' camp as a leader is not having to do skits!!!  Anyway, I thought it went well.  Emily Laird, my friend and YW president went too, and she was awesome.  We worked great as tag team.  There was only her and I and 7 girls from our ward.  And so we shared our tent site with a ward from Laramie, and Pam, who was in charge of food for that ward was awesome too.  I can't believe how well organized the stake leaders were.  I was not.  There was several times that I had completely forgotten stuff.  Oops.  I didn't/don't fret about it though, because I thought I was being released and then June was CRAZY. So I did the best I could.  Anyway, lots of people held Efraim and he was pretty much the perfect baby the whole time we were there.  And our wards (the ward from Laramie and us) won best chefs award, which pretty much was the case.  We had good food.  At least I did something right.  



Behind the girls in this picture was the flag I made for our ward.  The theme was Fuel the Fire.  Ana (surprisingly) wanted to keep it, so we gave it to her.  


Also in the frenzied few days between girls camp and us leaving on our trip, I helped the kids sew bags for everyone's stuff on the drive.  Elena sewed her's, Jubal's and Efraim's.  Isabel sewed hers and Ana's.  And Sebastian and Lando both sewed their own with varying amounts of help from me.  These were awesome for the long road trip!  We were using their backpacks for hiking--to carry their own lunches and water so I wanted something else to keep their toys/books in.  And I like having an embroidery machine, when it works.  Which it did, till I got to Efraim's and then it had fits for some reason and it took me two hours to get it to work, which was longer than all the other kids' combined. Err....  I took this picture today, so Ana is already in AZ with hers.  I also sewed hats for all the kids and me with UV protection fabric etc.  I saved a ton from buying them for $30 a piece from a sporting goods store.  More craziness though.





No comments: