Wednesday 30 July 2008

Hmmm. . .

I should be in bed, but little miss Isabel is awake, so what can I do? Here's a random mishmash of things that have come up of late.




**When my mom was here, she asked if there was a good sale on for Ajax Grapefruit dish soap, because my little sister Lindsay has that kind as well. (Kayli does too by the way.) Nope, it's just the least expensive kind at Walmart.

**Everyone keeps telling Leo how much Isabel looks like him. In particular, she has his nose. In response he said that he's going to pay for her to get a nose job when she's a teen.


**Elena spoke her first sentence. "I want to do it!" Heaven help us.

**Ana thought every kind of meat was chicken when she moved in with us (at least she didn't know what was what and so called it all chicken). We've since accomplished teaching her beef, she's still a bit iffy on pork products. Are we good parents or what???

**Leo said we could go to the Renaissance Festival in August. I plan on making costumes (we'll use them for Halloween too). Do you think that I can get Leo to wear a doublet?

**Just kidding, I can't really sew, so a doublet is really pushing even my imaginary overly confident skills, so it will be a jerkin for him.

**I didn't realize that we are effectively the peasant class 2008. I figure that must be so, since I can't afford to make us costumes to even be the middle class 1480. Too expensive of cloth, trimmings, etc. Peasant clothing is so much cheaper, even today.


**Leo and I are on the Activity Committe for our ward. On Saturday, we had planned a Tri-ward picnic. It turned out really well. Lots of people came. In fact there were still people there when we left at 5 PM (it started at 11 AM).

**Granted, most of the Spanish ward didn't show up till two hours after the start time which really rather worried me since we had assigned their ward to bring main dishes; it was potluck. I chose their ward for that, because they always bring a lot. AND it's yummy!

**When they did show up, they did bring a lot of food. In fact we ate lunch and dinner there. Hee. Hee.

**I have new respect for my previous primary and YW leaders who planned activities involving water balloons. Man, they take a long time to fill.

The pictures are from some of the games we did.

2 comments:

The Haws Family said...

That looks like a lot of fuN! I'm glad they finally brought food, and that it was good, and the weather looked great...sorry you were up with the baby---she is cute though!

Lynn said...

I am going to have to see if they have that dish soap here at Walmart. I love the smell of grapefruit. They also say that if you smell grapefruit it suppresses one's appetite. No wonder all you girls are so thin!

Love the pics of your Tri-ward party. That is so smart of you to ask the Spanish ward to bring the main dishes. They truly do know how to cook! And I am sure that is why they are always late to everything. They are SO laid back and SO fun.
The Spanish ward here starts their sacrament meeting always a 1/2 hour late. No one comes till then. Little do they know that the time was set a 1/2 hour early, so that they would actually start on time! Hee Hee.

My little sister Niki, also called every meat chicken when she came to our home. Even to this day, she won't eat anything pork. So sad. Bacon and Ham are SO good!